How Can A Construction Accident Attorney Help?
Construction is one of the most dangerous jobs in the country. Construction worker deaths account for one-fifth of the nation’s total workplace fatalities.
Most workers have recourse to workers’ compensation benefits if they get hurt on the job, while the families of deceased workers can apply for death benefits. Unfortunately, the law in Texas is not on the side of workers.
If you have been injured in a construction accident or your loved one was killed on the job, you may need to explore additional legal options to recover compensation.
When you have been injured in a construction accident at work, you need a construction accident lawyer with a depth of experience. They help injured construction workers recover compensation for their lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
What to Expect from A Construction Accident Lawyer
· They manage all aspects of your case. From beginning to end. A good lawyer will handle everything that needs handling in your case while you focus on recovering.
· They conduct an extensive investigation. Construction sites can be complex and so can construction accidents. Your lawyer will undertake a thorough investigation to determine the cause of your accident, all potentially liable parties, and who is at fault for the injury.
· They work with prominent Texas experts. In most personal injury cases, medical experts are needed to support injury claims. But in construction cases, additional experts, such as civil engineers, general contractors, or machine operation experts may be needed. Seasoned lawyers have working relationships with these professionals and work with them to prove the client’s case.
· They determine liability and hold responsible parties accountable. Using the evidence gathered, expert opinions, and our extensive knowledge of Texas personal injury law, we fight to get our clients the compensation they deserve from the liable party.
· They defend clients when at-fault parties try to pass blame. It is not uncommon for employers, general contractors, and insurance companies to try to blame injured construction workers. An experienced lawyer will stand up for the client when they try to pass the buck.
· They negotiate with insurance companies so you don’t have to. Most people know not to accept the first settlement offer made by an insurance company. Most people also do not want the hassle of negotiating. Your construction accident lawyer steps in to get you a full financial recovery.
Hire Experienced Legal Counsel
If you have been injured on the job, you should not have to settle for less. Your recovery and the future of your family depends on it. Hiring an experienced construction accident lawyer can mean the difference between “getting by” and getting what you need and deserve.
The choice of legal counsel to represent you in a personal injury case can be a significant one. If you choose poorly, you may be unable to recover the full compensation you deserve.